Thursday, April 10, 2014

Grandma's busy again...



I have been busy sewing and knitting for the grandkids!  Here are a few finished projects!
Claire’s Ladybug Hat
 
 
 
Pattern is from Whimsical Hats, Delightful and Amusing Hats to Knit, Wear, and Love, by Lynne Rowe, ©2013.  Can’t wait to do another one, although this was time intensive.  I know it will be much cuter when it is on her head, but I don’t have a picture of that yet!
 

I got the urge to do something for the kids for Easter and with vacations coming up thought that backpacks would be a fun thing, especially when I found Maisy Mouse fabric.  I got the pattern from the internet and worked directly from my notebook…I am getting so computer literate!  I made three of these out of Maisy, Dr. Seuss, and owl fabrics.  I also fused a vinyl product by ®Pellon to each piece before sewing them together.  Whew!  But I am done in time to mail them for Easter. 
 
 

Don’t they look cute?!  If you want to make your own you can find the tutorial here:  http://crazylittleprojects.com/2013/02/toddler-backpack-tutorial.html.  Thank you Amber for your online tutorial!

Couple of things she failed to mention, or I missed.  Seam allowance.  I used the width of the presser foot.  Also when you get to the inside and you are sewing the lining to the bag, attach at the top seam, as well as the side and bottom seams.  I changed the pocket on the inside.  The pattern is pretty self-explanatory and simple enough that you can make changes and customize it any way you like.

I hope Spring comes to the North soon! 

Happy Spring!

Leigh

2 comments:

  1. I love your ladybug hat - it's perfect and thanks so much for sharing on Ravelry. I hope you enjoy making more hats - quite a few of them are much simpler :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne. I will definitely be making more hats from the book!

      Delete